HOW TO APPLY FOR AN INTERNSHIP IN THE NT
Intern Applications for the 2024 Clinical Year are now open
The number of Intern places in the Northern Territory are limited and therefore are very competitive.
To be eligible as an Intern applicant in the Northern Territory you must not have completed a medical Internship previously.
If you have completed an internship previously (overseas) please go to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Website for more information.
Important 2024 Intern Application Dates
2024 NT Intern applications Open - 8 May 2023
2024 NT Intern applications Close - 8 June 2023
(Please Note** - applications must be submitted no later than midnight on the nominated national close date.
Late applications will not be accepted)
NT Careers in Government - Employment Opportunities Online
When the application process is OPEN go to the link below to keyword search 'Medical Intern' and complete an NT Internship Application.
Please be aware the link below will not find the Intern application when you search the NT job site until the application process is OPEN on 8 May 2023. In preparation please read the Intern Application Guide.
You will need the following information available when commencing your application. If you leave your application ensure you save and exit then go to Candidate Home tab to access your application.
- Name and contact details of 3 referees (check Intern Application Guide for the criteria of referee)
- Medical Intern Placement Number (MIPN)
- Student Number
- Passport and/or drivers license
- Visa status and expiry date (If applicable)
- Name of last secondary school and university as well as graduation year
- NT Scholarship Holder receipt (If applicable)
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) declaration i.e. Statutory Declaration
Intern Application Guide